Encore-based SiT380X family offers 10 times better pull range and linearity than legacy quartz VCXOs.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, today introduced the SiT380X family of MEMS-based Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCXOs) for telecom, networking and embedded applications. The SiT380X family consists of the SiT3808 and SiT3809 VCXOs, which offer sub-picosecond jitter as well as 10 times better pull range and linearity than quartz VCXOs. These devices also come with an array of programmable features such as frequency, voltage, stability, pull range and drive strength, which uniquely enable SiTime to deliver customized samples in 48 hours and production quantities in 3 weeks. Like other oscillators! from SiTime, the SiT380X family offers pin compatibility with existing quartz-based solutions.
“SiTime is using the power of silicon technology to drive the electronics industry’s transition from passive timing components to active circuits using MEMS,” said Piyush Sevalia, vice president of marketing at SiTime. “The Silicon-based SiT3808 and SiT3809 VCXOs offer unique features that are 10 times better than quartz, such as ± 1600 PPM pull range, 1% linearity and any frequency between 1 and 220 MHz. These features, coupled with unprecedented flexibility, shortest lead time and best reliability, accelerate the move towards SiTime’s revolutionary technology.”
The SiT380X family consists of two products: the SiT3808, which operates between 1 and 80 MHz; and the SiT3809, which operates from 80 to 220 MHz. Both devices have the following features:
• Any frequency within the operating range with best-in-class 6 decimal places of accuracy
• Widest pull range, up to ± 1600 PPM. Industry-compatible pull ranges up to ± 200 PPM are also available
• Best linearity, less than 1%, which enables faster system synchronization
• Superior tuning slope (Kv) consistency minimizes variation in system PLL performance
• Industry-leading frequency stability, as low as ± 10 PPM for enhanced reliability
• 100% drop in replacement for existing solutions, available industry standard 4-pin 3225, 6-pin 5032 and 6-pin 7050 packages
• Programmable drive strength for best EMI reduction
• Industrial (-40 to +85 °C) and commercial temperature (-20 to +70 °C) operation
• 1.8V and 2.5-3.3V operation
Samples of the SiT3808 and SiT3809 will be available in early June 2011 with production in Q3, 2011. Pricing is available upon request.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 85% market share and over 45 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of our solutions allows customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume plastic packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry.
Top-tier manufacturers are experiencing these benefits and recognize SiTime as The Smart Timing Choice™.