MEMS in motion set for September 12-13, 2012 in Palm Springs.
The second edition of the acclaimed MEMS in Motion Collaboration Summit will be held in Palm Springs, CA at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa, September 12-13, according to event organizers.
"The first edition of MEMS in Motion proved to be a powerful event that met the increased need for high-level collaboration and networking within the MEMS inertial device industry," explains co-organizer Brian Perkins. "The event's narrow vertical focus targets MEMS inertial devices facilitating valuable, one-on-one networking and collaboration. The result was an unprecedented 100% satisfaction rating by first-time participants."
"MEMS in Motion is a different way of doing business," explains VectorNav Technologies' John Brashear, an inaugural event participant. "You're going to see a lot more of these [events] in the future. I'll attend again, and I'd recommend it to other companies in the MEMS field."
In a recent survey of industry leaders, the number one reason cited to attend MEMS events is effective networking. Coventor's Tom Flynn, another 2011 attendee, explains. "Some conferences you have just speakers and listeners, presentation after presentation. Forums like MEMS in Motion force interaction between people which tend to be more productive meetings. I would recommend this event to other industry people-100 percent."
MEMS in Motion is hosted by Yole Développement, the world leader in MEMS technology information. The event features scheduled one-on-one meetings between delegates based on their interests (think speed dating), and the exclusive MEMS in Motion DealCenter, a dedicated online tool for delegates to schedule meetings prior to and during the event. Delegates control their time, and meet only with other delegates with whom they have an interest.
A series of exclusive plenary sessions featuring end-users discussing their current and future applications for inertial devices round out the two-day program. Participants will make connections among senior business development, sales and marketing personnel, and others across the MEMS spectrum including end-users, device makers and suppliers.
Each component of the agenda is engineered for enhanced networking among industry thought-leaders, and packed with interactive activities, including:
- Opening ceremony featuring personal introductions by every participant.
- Preset one-on-one introductory meetings on the first day between attendees with shared areas of interest.
- DealCenter online tool to request and accept/reject individual meetings prior to and/or during the event. Registrants receive a complete list of attendees in advance, along with their DealCenter access instructions.
- Fun social activities and breaks promote camaraderie and encourage ongoing interaction between all participants.
- Receptions and numerous meal functions over two full days.
- An intimate resort setting and a limited number of participants conducive to meeting, and actually getting to know, the maximum number of delegates.
The MEMS in Motion Collaboration Summit is sponsored by Kionix (Platinum Sponsor), as well as MEPTEC, MIG, Freescale, MNX, Tronics and SoftMEMS.