Powerex plans to offer IGBTs from 300A/1200V – 800A/1200V in conventional packages, allowing customers an easy upgrade.
Powerex plans to offer IGBTs from 300A/1200V – 800A/1200V in conventional packages, allowing customers an easy upgrade path for increased system ratings and/or improved reliability due to the increased allowable operating junction temperature.
Featuring 6th Generation Carrier Stored Trench-Gate Bipolar Transistor (CSTBT™) silicon for significant performance improvement, these devices boast the lowest power loss on the market for increased customer system efficiency. The 6th Generation S-Series IGBTs, which are improved versions of the earlier 5th Generation A-Series and NF-Series IGBTs, are available in 3 compatible package styles:
- CM300DY-24S (300A/1200V), package size 108 x 62mm
- CM450DY-24S (450A/1200V), package size 110 x 80mm
- CM600DY-24S (600A/1200V), package size 110 x 80mm
- CM800DY-24S (800A/1200V), package size 140 x 130mm
6th Generation silicon devices feature:
- Tj(max) = 175°C – higher operating temperature
- 40% reduction in gate drive current • reduced gate driver requirements
- 20% reduction in VCE(sat) – lower losses
- 25% reduction in turn off losses – lower losses
- 20% reduction in FWD forward voltage (Vf) – lower losses
- ~20% reduction in overall losses
Applications for these devices include industrial inverters, UPS systems, motor drives as well as fuel cell, wind and solar inverters.
Powerex 6th Generation IGBT with CSTBT™.
CM450DY-24S and CM800DY-24S are presently in mass production with sample pricing ranging from $265 – $463 in quantities of 10. CM300DY-24S and CM600DY-24S will be available in the second quarter of 2012.