Secure payment on i-micronews Contact Yole Développement for I Micronews reports

RSS I-micronewsYole Dévelopement on TwitterYole Développement on Google +LinkedIn Yole pageSlideshare Yole Développement I-Micronews

Displays

The Society for Information Display (SID) is collaborating with Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) for its Annual Investors Conference at Display Week, which runs from May 20 – May 25, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Part of the four-day SID Business Track, this day-long event will be held on Tuesday May 22nd and will focus on investment opportunities throughout the display supply chain.

Read more ...

LG appears to have filed for three Micro-LED brand names in the EU – XμLED, SμLED, and XLμLED. Each filing has a long list of potential uses including smartphones, computers, and wearable devices. While still in its early stages, Micro-LED display tech is expected to be game-changing. Recent trademark filings suggest that LG may be developing Micro-LED screens for smartphones and other devices.

Read more ...

SelfArray developers of revolutionary technology for the manufacture of direct-view LED displays, announced that it has received a National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II Award to continue their groundbreaking work in the field. Direct-view LED displays, which are much brighter, have better contrast ratio, and are more energy efficient than traditional LED displays (which use LEDs as a backlight for LCD panels), are currently being used for video walls, large indoor displays (in airports, control rooms, malls, etc.), and even lighting fixtures.

Read more ...

GaN template manufacturer, Seren Photonics, to scale-up processes for the Apple and Sony displays of tomorrow, reports Rebecca Pool for COMPOUND SEMICONDUCTOR.NET - Earlier this year, UK-based manufacturer of GaN templates, Seren Photonics, revealed it had secured £500k to scale-up MOCVD growth processes and drive green LED epitaxy on semipolar GaN development forward.

Read more ...

BOE announced that it was committing to the construction of a Gen 6 flexible OLED fab to be built in Chongqing. The project is to cost ¥465b ($7.34b US) and will take 28 months to complete. The Chongqing Municipal Government is responsible for $2.5b and BOE is responsible for $1.6b, with the rest to be funded through ‘external financing’. According to the announcement, that will hold title to the fab is Chongqing BOE Display Technology an LLC created in July 2017, with BOE’s financial contribution giving it a 38.46% stake in the entity, and the Chongqing Municipal Government’s contribution owning the remaining 61.54%.

Read more ...

OLED microdisplay maker eMagin reported its financial results for Q4 2017. Revenues increased 40% from Q4 2016 and reached $6.4 million. Operating loss was $1.6 million (down from $3.8 million in Q4 2016) and net loss decreased to $0.9 million. For the full year 2017, eMagin reported revenues of $22 million (up 3% from 2016) and a net loss of $7.8 million. As of the end of the year, eMagin had $3.5 million in cash and equivalents, but the company raised $10.6 million since (not, it seems, from Apple, Valve and LG).

Read more ...

Upcoming Events


> Display Week
(May 20 - May 25, Los Angeles, USA)