NXP Semiconductors latest Radio Frequency Front-End (RFFE) solution for Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi 6 Standards has been used in the new Xiaomi Mi 10 5G smartphone. Xiaomi’s decision to work with NXP in developing an RFFE with Wi-Fi 6 support for their flagship 5G smartphones is not surprising as NXP RFFE’s are fully qualified and offer excellent Wi-Fi 6 performance. NXP also supplied Front End ICs to Murata Recently.
Advanced 5G devices make steep demands in terms of performance, integration, size and Wi-Fi 6 capability. NXP’s RFFE solution is highly integrated and tightly packed in a 3 mm x 4 mm package. It is designed with Wi-Fi 6 capability to support advanced portable computing devices, including premier 5G smartphones, and to enable 2×2 MIMO functionality with the highest performance. NXP’s compact high performance RFFE solution can reduce the design time and improve time to market significantly for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
NXP’s high performance WLAN11ax portfolio supports customers in fulfilling the ever-increasing need for more bandwidth by providing both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands that fit the 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 standard. NXP offers a flexible portfolio that scales across these specifications. NXP offers 2×2 multiple input multiple output (MIMO) support for IEE802.11a/n/ac/ax applications.
NXP’s RF Front End Module Features:
- Small-size 2 x 2 MIMO RFFE module for IEEE802.11a/n/ac/ax applications.
- Full high band 2402 MHz to 2482 MHz and 5150 MHz to 5925 MHz.
- Integrated power amplifiers with multiple operation modes for dynamic power efficiency and linearity control.
- Integrated low noise amplifiers supporting high gain and bypass modes.
- Integrated SPDT switches for single antenna RX and TX operation.
- Integrated directional couplers for precise transmit power control.
- Requires no external matching components, DC free input/output ports.
Xiaomi’s speedy adoption of this RFFE technology will enable them to meet the rapidly rising global demand for Wi-Fi 6 in 5G handsets. Designed with the latest Wi-Fi 6 standards, NXP’s highly integrated RFFE solutions have the right combination of performance for mobile applications such as Xiaomi’s.
Related Reports and Monitors
GaN RF Market: Applications, Players, Technology and Substrates 2020
Market & Technology
Qualcomm’s Second Generation 5G mmWave Chipset, from Modem to Antenna
Reverse Costing - Structural, Process & Cost Report