Pioneer announced that “Pioneer Smart Sensing Innovations” (“the New Company,” hereafter) through an incorporation type split as a new company to take over the business activities of Smart & Autonomous Mobility Business, which handles autonomous driving-related business, will be established on October 1.
The New Company will further promote the autonomous driving-related business of Pioneer with a focus on 3D-LiDAR-based sensing technologies.
New Company Outline
- Company name: Pioneer Smart Sensing Innovations
- Date of establishment: October 1, 2019
- Headquarters: 28-8, Honkomagome 2-chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0021
- Capitals: 100 million yen (Pioneer 100%)
- Representative: Haruhiko Takagi, President
- Business domain: 1.Planning, research, development, manufacturing, production and sale of optical equipment, electronic equipment, machinery, software and tools
2.All other businesses ancillary or related to the above
Pioneer has been pursuing the development of compact, high-performance, and low-cost MEMS mirror-based 3D-LiDAR sensors towards a target of mass production from 2020 onwards. 3D-LiDAR sensors are regarded as an indispensable key device for the realization of level-three and above autonomous vehicles and for delivering high-precision object recognition and data collection. Pioneer has been offering its 2018 models since last year, and is currently developing “high-precision object recognition algorithms” and “vehicle ego-localization algorithms”, utilizing 3D-LiDAR sensors.