FCCSP packaging market to rise to new heights reaching $8B+ in 2026 driven by mobile & consumer applications.
Key features of the monitor
- Quarterly data update on key advanced package types such as FCCSP, FCBGA, WLCSP/Fan-In, Fan-Out packages, and 3D Stacked packages
- Market forecast through 2026, in $US, units and wafer forecast
- ASP analysis, per market segment
- End-product/device application mix
- Key process-technology mix
- Supplier market share (TSMC, Semco, Samsung Electronics, Amkor, JCET, ASE w/SPIL, PTI, Nepes, SPIL, Huatian, TFME, SK Hynix, Sony)
- Demand forecast through 2026, by category (i.e. mobile, consumer, telecom, infrastructure)
- CapEx and capacity, per supplier
This monitor is not part of our Bundled Offer and full Yole Développement yearly subscription.
Table of contents
Advanced Packaging Market Overview
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package market dynamics
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package supply and demand
- Supplier CapEx and capacity (wafer-level and panel-level)
- Market share, per major supplier
- Market pricing (per market segment/package size)
- System demand
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package demand
FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out Production
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package – technology mix
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package production, per supplier
- FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, Fan-Out package – application mix
FCCSP PACKAGE REVENUE SURPASS $5.6B IN 2020 AS MEMORY DEMAND IS EXPECTED TO SKYROCKET AND INCREASED 5G SMARTPHONE ADOPTION
FCCSP packages are mainly used in baseband, RF transceivers, memory, and some PMIC applications. Memory DRAM packages used in PC/Datacenter/Automobile are primarily FCCSP based manufactured by top memory makers such as Samsung, Micron, SK Hynix and Winbond. FCCSP packages find their place in mobile and consumer markets mainly in smartphone APUs, RF components and DRAM devices used in PC, servers, and automotive applications. FCCSP packages are well suited as they provide low cost and reliable solution similar to WLCSP without incurring higher cost of fan-out type packages. FCCSP are typically single die with few passive components with less than 13mm x 13 mm BD size and are typically over molded and use molded underfill for solder joint protection. FCCSP packaging market share is controlled mainly by top OSATs such as ASE, Amkor, JCET, and memory suppliers such as Samsung, SK Hynix, and Micron.
FCBGA PACKAGING REVENUE REACH NEW HEIGHTS AS DEMAND FOR SERVERS, AI, AND NETWORKING SKYROCKETS AMID GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
FCBGA packages are expected to reach 1.1B units in 2020 with 2% CAGR over the next five years. FCBGA packages are employed for client and server CPUs, GPUs, many networking ASIC applications, and automotive modules. Traditionally FCBGA packages have been used in client desktop, laptop CPU and server CPU applications with high demand of HDI (High density interconnect) substrate. Over the years, FCBGA packaging market has expanded to GPUs, FPGAs, and many networking ASIC devices in addition to automotive multi-chip modules (MCMs). FCBGA packages also play role in 2.5D interposer-based solutions and embedded bridge type packages as server infrastructure demand is expected to soar in coming years in addition to automotive growth in infotainment (IVI) and ADAS applications. FCBGA solution is typically comprised of HDI substrate typically ranging in 35×35 or larger with logic type die with many I/Os requiring advanced flip chip attach process with underfill and thermal solution such as integrated heat spreader and thermal solution. FCBGA revenue is expected to surpass $12B by 2026. Yole Développement will begin publishing, in quarterly instalments, a monitor containing world-class research, data, and insights pertaining to advanced packaging markets. This monitor will analyse the FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked packages, and wafer level based package market’s evolution in terms of revenue, shipments, capex, market pricing, capacity, application & process technology mix, and supplier market share. In the future, Yole Développement will extend its coverage to System in Package (SiP) form factors as well.
TOP OSATS SHOW RECORD REVENUES FOR 2020 AND THIS ADVANCED PACKAGING GROWTH EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGHOUT 2021
WLCSP/Fan-In packages have found its place in many smartphone devices due to its lowest cost and scalability features. WLCSP can be found in PMICs, PMUs, Audio Codecs, RF transceivers, switches, antenna tuners, CMOS Image Sensors and number of other applications suited for consumer market such as for smartphone and wearable device application. WLCSP remains an attractive option given its reasonable reliability, process maturity, and lowest cost. OSATs remain top leaders in manufacturing WLCSP as it has become a commodity market.
THE POWER OF 3D STACKED PACKAGES AND ROAD TO HETEROGENEOUS INTEGRATION
With rise of the need for heterogeneous integration, 3D stacked packaging is coming at the forefront of advanced packaging arena as Moore’s law slows down due to increased cost of Si transistor scaling. 3D stacked packages are expected to grow at 14.9% CAGR reaching to estimated 7.8B units by 2026. 3D stacked packages include SoC (System on Chip), active interposer packages such as Foveros and Co-EMIB, 3D NAND, 3DS, HBM, and Stacked CIS packages. This Advanced packaging monitor also provides insight into various 3D stacked players in addition to insight in package form factors and its projected growth and evolution. Yole Développement’s quarterly monitor will answer the pressing questions facing this industry, including:
- How will 3D packaging will shape the future of SoC?
- What are the main applications and market share for FCCSP packages?
- What will happen to hybrid bonding and how will it come to larger production scale?
- How will FCCSP business will grow to new records amid this Pandemic and automotive industry will become a catalyst for growth in this market?
- How will foundries such as TSMC is redefining advanced packaging and how fast will TSMC will grow in advanced packaging arena?
- How will Intel, TSMC, and Samsung drive heterogeneous integration with hybrid packaging technologies?
- Will FO package capex continue increasing, or will it stabilize at a certain level?
With its Advanced Packaging quarterly market monitor, Yole Développement provides opinions and answers to all of these questions, every quarter.
WHAT DO THE UPCOMING QUARTERS HOLD?
2020 turned out like no one ever predicted with strong growth in semiconductor devices and industry across the board. How will 2021 look like? Will the current slow down/semilock down situation globally will impact 2021 semiconductor growth? FY 2020 has seen broken many records in terms on key top IDMs and OSATs achieving very strong revenues for Q1 2021 as this momentum is likely to continue throughout 2021 as well as AI, cloud & edge computing, and 5G continue to deliver robust demand despite slightly weak demand of global smartphone shipments. How will 2021 hold given this strong growth indicators in 2020?
ADVANCED PACKAGING QUARTERLY MARKET MONITOR – CONTENT
The Advanced Packaging Quarterly Market Monitor contains all of the data related to FCCSP, FCBGA, 3D Stacked, WLCSP, and Fan-out package revenue per quarter, shipments, near and long-term revenue, market share per quarter, capex per company, and market demand/supply forecasts including wafer shipments per supplier. Also included is a complete analysis of demand breakdown across key segments such as mobile, consumer, automotive, and medical. For top players (TSMC, Samsung Electronics, Amkor, JCET, ASE/w SPIL, PTI, TFME, Nepes, Huatian, China WLCSP, Sony, Intel), the Advanced Packaging Quarterly Monitor furnishes a detailed analysis of capex, shipments, market share, and capacity, along with the expected impact of changes in Advanced Packaging process technologies and the application mix.
The following deliverables are included:
- Excel database with all historical and forecast data
- PDF slide-deck with graphs and comments/analysis regarding expected evolutions
- Direct access to a Yole Développement analyst for one year, providing an opportunity for on-demand Q&A and discussions regarding trends, analysis, forecasts, and breaking news
The monitor’s content will evolve based on the feedback received from our customers.
Amkor, ASE, Deca, Huatian, JCET, Nepes, PTI, Samsung Electronics, Semco, Tongfu Microelectronics Co., Ltd., TSMC, Sony, China WLCSP, Intel, Texas Instrument and more…
Related Reports & Monitors
High-End Performance Packaging: 3D/2.5D Integration 2020
Market & Technology
Status of the Advanced Packaging Industry 2021
Market & Technology
Need to discuss?
We are open for discussionContact us