The processor market continues to see record revenues as chiplet and AI innovation continue apace
Key features of the monitor
- Direct access to the analyst
- Quarterly data update
- Market forecast through 2027, in $US, units
- ASP analysis, per market segment
- Die size trend, per market segment
- Key process-technology mix
- Supplier market share (Samsung, Apple, Qualcomm, Hisilicon, Mediatek, UniSoC, AMD, Intel, Nvidia) in terms of units and $US
- Foundry market share (TSMC, Samsung,) in terms of units, $US, and wafers
- CapEx and capacity, per foundry
Q1-2022 update of the processor market monitor. New material examining the trend of multi-chip solutions (like chiplets) in the CPU and GPU space
- Provide clients with key processor market metrics
- Examine the technological trends within the processor market and discuss their impact on the market
- Provide representations of designer and foundry market shares for key processor segments
- Investigate the financial performance of the leading players in the processor market
This monitor is not part of our Bundled Offer and full Yole Développement yearly subscription.
Table of contents
- 2020-2026 Market dynamics
- Quarterly revenue – near & long term
- APU quarterly market shares
- Smartphone, Tablet, Smartwatch, SmartTV, Smart speaker, AR, VR, Auto-infotainment
- CPU quarterly market shares
- Client Notebook, Client Desktop, Server
- GPU quarterly market shares
- Client Notebook & Desktop, Server
- FPGA quarterly market shares
- Pricing, near & long term
- Pricing by segment
- Pricing per unit area
- Pricing per transistor
- Pricing per CPU core
- APU designer die size trend
- APUs with embedded AI accelerators
- APUs by memory interface
- Average die size by segment
- Die Size and ASP relationships
- Monolithic and Multi-chip trends in CPU & GPU
- CPU core count trends
- Integrated transistor trends
- Foundry roadmaps
- Quarterly wafer output
- Annual wafer output
- Wafers by logic node
- Units by logic node
- Foundry revenue
- Foundry revenue per wafer
Chiplet boom on the horizon
A fast-growing trend within the processor market is the use of chiplets as an alternative to the ever-growing silicon area requirements, especially at the highest tiers of performance. In the Processor Monitor, we track the use of chiplets in the main processor segments and forecast their penetration.
Impact on foundries
Yole’s quarterly processor market monitor traces the market value of processors, not just back to their respective designers but also to the various foundry partners, where we analyze the level of wafer production at each process node and include our findings in the forecast.
Underpinning the monitor is a market model built from the consolidation of top-down and bottom-up market data, rationalized through a technology model that keeps track and forecasts key technological metrics like die size, process node, and transistor count.
Covering the bulk of processor devices
Yole’s quarterly processor monitor examines the shipments and revenues of four main categories of processors:
- APU: Application Processors – processors optimized using integrated resources for rich performance in mobile and similar moderately constrained systems. Often these are the highest-order processors found in systems like smartphones.
- CPU: Central Processing Unit – a general-purpose discrete processor optimized for raw scalar performance. Common in PCs and Servers, these can also contain embedded elements for other features such as graphics or connectivity.
- GPU: Graphics Processing Unit – coprocessor optimized for graphics and capable of general-purpose parallel processing acceleration. Only discrete GPUs are considered in this monitor, not those that appear as integrated elements in a larger APU or CPU.
- FPGA: Field-Programmable Gate Array – a flexible logic device, customizable by the customer and may include an SoC and/or Adaptable compute acceleration.
Apple, Broadcom, Arm, Global Foundries, Google, HiSilicon, HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, LG, MediaTek, Meizu, OPPO, Qualcomm, Samsung, SMIC, Sony, Spreadtrum, TSMC, UMC, UniSOC, Vivo, Xiaomi, Xilinx, XMC, ZTE and more.
Related Reports & Monitors
Google Tensor Pixel 6 SoC
Reverse Costing - Technology, Process & Cost Report
Computing and AI for Automotive 2022
Market & Technology
Need to discuss?
We are open for discussionContact us