Compare the technology and cost of 19 microphones from Knowles, Goertek, AAC Technologies, STMicroelectronics, TDK-InvenSense, TDK-Epcos, Cirrus Logic and Vesper.
REVERSE COSTING WITH:
- Analysis of the microphones structure, including package, MEMS and ASIC
- Detailed optical and SEM Photos
- Precise measurements
- Supply chain evaluation
- Manufacturing cost analysis
- Estimated selling price
- Technology and cost comparisons between microphone suppliers
- Overview of the microphones used by the main smartphone suppliers in the market
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Reverse Costing Methodology
- Main Smartphone’s microphones integration
- Company Profile and Supply Chain
- AAC Technologies
- Cirrus Logic
- For each microphone supplier:
- Microphone overview : Package, ASIC, MEMS
- Package cross-section
- MEMS die design and cross-section
- Technology evolution and physical comparisons of packages, MEMS, and ASIC dies for each manufacturer and between the manufacturers
MEMS Manufacturing Process
- Microphone Package Comparison
- Microphone MEMS Comparison
- Yield Explanations and Hypotheses
- Overall Comparison – Microphone Component Cost
- Overall Comparison – MEMS Wafer FE Cost and Die Cost
- Microphone Component Cost Breakdown
The consumer MEMS microphone market is expected to be worth $1.5B in 2024, up from $1.1B in 2019, according to the “Microphones, Microspeakers and Audio Solutions” report from Yole Développement. The main drivers are smart speakers and wireless earbuds. Two main players share the MEMS microphone market, Knowles and Goertek, with market shares of 39% and 28%, respectively.
In this dynamic context of the consumer microphone market, System Plus Consulting provides a deep comparative review of the technology and cost of 19 MEMS microphones. They come from the main microphone suppliers on the market: Knowles, Goertek, AAC Technologies, STMicroelectronics, TDK-InvenSense, TDK-Epcos, Cirrus Logic, and Vesper.
System Plus Consulting analyzes several microphone technologies to provide insights about their structures, processes and costs. We look at their packages structure, dimensions and substrate. Application specific integrated circuit ASIC technology size and technology node are analyzed, MEMS dies, dimensions, technology and internal structure are studied in order to determine each manufacturing process.
The supply chain and cost of each MEMS microphones have been calculated.
Finally, the innovations and technology evolution of each manufacturer are noted and compared.
This report includes an overview of the microphones used by the main smartphone suppliers in the market.
Related Reports & Monitors
Epitaxy Growth Equipment for More Than Moore Devices Technology and Market Trends 2020
Market & Technology
Sensirion SCD30: NDIR CO2 and Humidity Sensor
Reverse Costing - Structural, Process & Cost Report
Need to discuss?
We are open for discussionContact us