The first GaN-on-Si HEMT transistor from the world leader in power electronic components is today in mass production.
REVERSE COSTING WITH:
- Detailed optical and SEM photos
- Precise measurements
- Materials EDX analysis
- Manufacturing process flow
- Supply chain evaluation
- Manufacturing cost analysis
- Estimated sales price
- Comparison with CoolGaN devices
- Comparison with 600V GaN HEMT from Panasonic
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Reverse Costing Methodology
- Summary of the Physical Analysis
- Package analysis
- Package opening
- Package cross-section
- HEMT Die
- HEMT die view & dimensions
- HEMT die process
- HEMT die cross-section
- HEMT die process characteristic
- HEMT Die Front-End Process
- HEMT Die Fabrication Unit
- Final Test and Packaging Fabrication unit
- Summary of the Cost Analysis
- Yields Explanation and Hypotheses
- HEMT Die
- HEMT front-end cost
- HEMT die probe test, thinning & dicing
- HEMT wafer cost
- HEMT die cost
- Complete Device
- Packaging cost
- Final test cost
- Estimation of Selling Price
- IGOT60R070D1A Component Price
- Comparison with Others Infineon’s Components
- Comparison Between Infineon and Panasonic
With the first applications in volume production, the GaN transistor market is becoming mature. Infineon, world leader in power electronics, has therefore stepped in. Infineon is a new entrant in the market for power GaN-on-Silicon transistors, with these components having been developed for industrial, telecom, datacenter switch-mode power supplies (SMPS). System Plus Consulting unveils this CoolGaN 600V technology from Infineon based on Panasonic’s patent. The latest device’s family is driving 600V and it is optimized for high frequency, high efficiency power conversion, which also reduces electromagnetic interference.
The IGOT60R070D1A from Infineon uses 600V GaN on Silicon E-mode High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs) in a small outline (SO) package. The CoolGaN technology allows high switching frequency, which reduces energy loss. Moreover, the high frequency helps reduce the size and weight of the passive components.
CoolGaN technology allows the integration of an electrostatic discharge protection diode, produced using the same process as the HEMT transistor. The GaN and AlGaN layers are deposited by epitaxy on a silicon substrate. The enhancement-mode power GaN transistor has a p-HEMT structure. An ingenious field plate structure is processed in the metal layer.
This complete teardown analysis includes optical and SEM pictures of metal layers, delayering of the GaN, cross-section of the HEMT part and the diode part of the die. The report also provides an estimation of the production cost of the epitaxy, HEMT and the package.
Finally, the report compares the device with others CoolGaN family’s devices and with 600V GaN on Si HEMTs from Panasonic.
Related Reports & Monitors
MicroLED Displays 2019
Market & Technology
UnitedSiC Cascode JFET 650V Family
Reverse Costing - Structural, Process & Cost Report
Need to discuss?
We are open for discussionContact us