Discover the MACOM wideband RF GaN Power Amplifier for general purpose, optimized for 20–2700 MHz operation.
REVERSE COSTING WITH:
- Detailed optical and SEM photos
- Precise measurements
- Material EDX analysis
- Patent analysis
- Manufacturing process flow
- Supply chain evaluation
- Manufacturing cost analysis
- Estimated selling price
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Market, Reverse Costing Methodology, and Glossary
- MACOM Profile, Product Portfolio and Supply Chain
- Physical Analysis Methodology
- Summary of the Physical Analysis
- Package analysis
- Package opening
- Package Cross-Sections
- HEMT Die
- HEMT die views and dimensions
- HEMT die cross-section
- HEMT die process characteristics
- Passive Die
- Die views and dimensions
- Die cross-section
- Die process characteristics
- HEMT Die Front-End Process
- HEMT Die Fabrication Unit
- Passive Die Front-End Process
- Passive Die Fabrication Unit
- Packaging Process Flow
- Summary of the Cost Analysis
- Yield Explanations and Hypotheses
- HEMT Die
- HEMT Wwafer front-end cost and front-end cost per process step
- HEMT back-end cost: Die probe test, thinning and dicing
- HEMT die cost
- Passive Die
- Passive front-end cost
- Passive back-end cost: Die probe test, thinning and dicing
- Passive die cost
- Packaging Assembly Cost
- Component Cost
- Back-end: Final test cost
- Component cost
Selling Price Analysis
- Definition of Prices
- Estimation of Selling Price
The Radio-Frequency (RF) GaN market is experiencing an impressive growth. Yole Développement expects that the overall GaN RF market will reach $2B by 2024, driven by two main applications: telecom infrastructure and defense.
Thanks to its higher power output at high frequencies and smaller footprint, GaN is increasingly adopted by the RF industry. Compared to existing silicon LDMOS and GaAs solutions, GaN devices are able to deliver the power efficiency level required for next-generation high frequency telecom networks in which power amplifiers play an important role.
System Plus Consulting unveils MACOM’s technical choices in its GaN Wideband Power Amplifier NPA1008, from die design to packaging.
The NPA1008 is a wideband integrated GaN power amplifier optimized for 20-2700 MHz operation. It is ideally suited for general purpose narrowband to broadband applications in test and measurement, defense communications, land mobile radio and wireless infrastructure.
In this report, System Plus Consulting presents a deep teardown analysis of the NPA1008.
Detailed optical and Scanning Electron Microscope pictures and cross-sections with Energy-Dispersive X-ray analysis are included to reveal MACOM’s technical choices at the microscopic level of the GaN-on-Si HEMT and the passive input match dies. These technical analyses are made together with corresponding patent analyses.
The report provides an estimation of the production costs of the HEMT, the passive die, and the package as well as the estimated selling price of the component.
Related Reports & Monitors
GaN-on-Si HEMT vs Superjunction MOSFET Comparison 2019
Reverse Costing - Structural, Process & Cost Report
Power GaN 2019: Epitaxy, Devices, Applications & Technology Trends
Market & Technology
Need to discuss?
We are open for discussionContact us