· SmartSonic platform currently includes the award-winning Chirp CH-101 ultrasonic Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor and sensor module, the SmartSonic evaluation kit and the associated SonicLink™ software
· SmartSonic evaluation kit and sensor modules are currently available worldwide through Avnet, Components Distribution, DigiKey, Mouser Electronics and Symmetry.
TDK announced the immediate availability of the Chirp SmartSonic™ platform family of ultrasonic sensor time-of-flight (ToF) solutions. The SmartSonic platform is currently available with the award-winning Chirp CH-101, an ultra-low power ultrasonic ToF range sensor that provides millimeter-accurate range measurements up to 1.2m, independent of target color and transparency.
The CH-101 ultrasonic ToF sensor module (MOD-CH101) contains a CH-101 sensor on a small printed circuit board (PCB) with flat flexible connector (FFC), and acoustic housing on top that enables an omnidirectional beam pattern of the output. It is designed to allow rapid integration into customer product enclosures, prototyping and small-scale production for a wide range of applications, including AR/VR, smart home technology, drones and robotics, connected IoT devices, mobile and wearable technology, and automotive. The CH-101 sensor module connects directly into the SmartSonic developer evaluation kit (DK-CH101) for initial product evaluation using the SonicLink™ software, which can also be used by customers to develop embedded algorithms for specific applications.
Available now through distribution partners, all the supporting software and documentation is available within the Developers Corner section of the TDK website, which includes:
· SmartSonic evaluation kit software, SonicLink, & documentation
· SonicLink quick start guide
· SmartSonic evaluation kit user’s guide
· Application notes such as mechanical integration & handling/assembly guides
· Driver/API documentation
“Our MEMS-based ultrasonic sensing technology offers multiple advantages over more traditional infrared proximity and ToF sensors. These include lower power consumption by several orders of magnitude, range measurement accuracy that is not affected by ambient light conditions such as direct sunlight, the ability to sense any color object as well as windows and glass doors, a wide and customizable field of view (FoV), and 100 times lower range noise,” said Michelle Kiang, CEO, Chirp Microsystems, a TDK Company. “The SmartSonic ultrasonic sensing platform is easy to use and enables fast prototyping and flexible customer design options for a broad range of use-case scenarios, such as range-finding, presence/proximity sensing, obstacle-detection/avoidance and object position-tracking.”
The Chirp SmartSonic ultrasonic ToF sensing platform is intended for consumer electronics, AR/VR, robotics/drones, smart home/IoT, mobile/wearable, and industrial market segments. The SmartSonic evaluation kit and sensor modules are in mass production and available through distribution throughout North America. Please visit: www.chirpmicro.com or contact Chirp Sales at email@example.com for more.
· PCB: Printed Circuit Board
· ToF: Time-of-Flight
· FoV: Field of View
· AR/VR: Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
· Ultrasonic: Utilizing, produced by, or relating to ultrasonic waves or vibrations.
· Smart home
· Drone and robotics
· Connected IoT devices
· Mobile and wearable
Key features and benefits of the Chirp CH-101:
· Ultralow power
· Accurate range measurement regardless of target size and color
· Detects objects of any color, including optically transparent ones
· Immunity to ambient noise
· Works under any lighting condition
· Expanded and customization field of view (FoV)
Related Reports and Monitors
Status of the Radar Industry: Players, Applications and Technology Trends 2020
Market & Technology
Artificial Intelligence Computing for Automotive 2020
Market & Technology