- TDK will attend Sensors Converge 2021 with its brands InvenSense, Micronas, TDK and Tronics at the September in-person and virtual event. TDK will highlight sensor products ranging from pressure sensors, magnetic sensors, and inertial sensors, suited for applications across industrial, automotive, robotics, and more
- Members from our InvenSense team will present in both live and virtual sessions, provide a new product overview, and participate on a panel on the chip shortage
- TDK SmartBug™ was selected as a finalist in the IoT and wireless category for the event’s Best of Sensors Awards, and Sr. Director and Head of MEMS Packaging Technology Department, Dr. Milena Vujosevic is nominated as a Woman of the Year finalist
TDK announces its upcoming participation in Sensors Converge 2021, formerly known as Sensors Expo. TDK will present a new pressure sensor, participate in industrial, automotive, and pressure sensor live theater sessions, speak on a panel, and showcase a range of products from multiple TDK company brands including InvenSense, Micronas, TDK and Tronics at the event Sept. 21-23, in San Jose, Calif. as well as streaming virtually globally.
TDK will highlight the following solutions at the event:
- ICP-20100 pressure sensor: During the event, TDK will release a brand-new pressure sensor product. The SmartPressure™ family uses an innovative capacitive MEMS architecture that consumes lower power and delivers higher accuracy than competing technologies. The new ICP-20100 can accurately measure height change as small as 5 cm.
- Tronics AXO®315: a miniature, high-performance 1-axis closed-loop MEMS accelerometer suited for precise industrial motion and tilt control, test instrumentation, and IMU and INS for GNSS-assisted positioning of vehicles, trains and robots.
- IIM-42652 industrial sensor: the newly launched SmartIndustrial™ motion tracking featuring a compact 6-axis IMU, low power, and extended temperature range of 40°C to 105°C and the ability to provide external clock to synchronize with the system in a compact: 2.5 × 3 × 0.91 mm (14-pin LGA).
- Micronas HAC® 39xy: this 3D sensor family features integrated capacitors for stray-field robust position detection for industrial and automotive applications including valves and actuators, gear shifters, transmission systems or brake stroke position detection.
- TDK Ultrasonic Sensor Module: a very compact time-of-flight sensor with an integrated driver and signal processor that can detect objects in the air by emitting and receiving ultrasonic waves using piezo technology. This module is ideal for autonomous guided vehicles, industrial robots and level measurement.
TDK will present in the below virtual and in-person sessions:
- Sensors Enabling the Transportation of the Future – Wed, Sept 22 from 10:10-10:25, streamed: Stefano Zanella, VP of Product Marketing for the Head of Automotive and Industrial, InvenSense, will present on the sensors that are needed to enable the transportation of the future, and discuss industry trends such as whether car ownership is becoming less common, the pandemic’s impact on commuting, e-commerce, and whether ridesharing or autonomous driving are the answer to key challenges.
- New product announcement – Wed, Sept 22 from 3:20-3:30pm PT, streamed virtually: Uday Mudoi, Director of Marketing for Pressure Sensor, InvenSense will share details for the brand-new pressure sensor product launch.
- Executive NewsDesk Interview – Thurs, Sept 23 from 10:55-11:05am PT, streamed virtually: Joseph Bousaba, GM and VP of the Motion and Pressure Business Unit, InvenSense will discuss how TDK delivers performance, accuracy, and intuitive motion-, gesture- and ultrasonic 3D-based interfaces for mobile, wearables, smart home, industrial, and automotive.
- Chip Shortage Panel – Thurs, Sept 23 from 11:15-12:05pm PT, streamed virtually: Joseph Bousaba will speak with other industry leaders about the challenges brought on by the chip shortage.
- Theater session: Highly accurate pressure sensors enable new applications – Thurs, Sept 23 from 12:10-12:25 PT, live on-site: Uday Mudoi, will dive deeper into InvenSense’s new pressure sensor and discuss how highly accurate pressure sensors enable new consumer and IoT applications from wearables, AR/VR and smart homes, to E911 emergency calling.
- Theater Session: TDK InvenSense Industrial Modules – Thurs, Sept 23 from 2:45-3:00pm PT, streamed virtually: Camilo Delgado. Director of Marketing, TDK InvenSense will share more about InvenSense’s industrial portfolio of motion sensors, the SmartIndustrial™ sensor family, and its IIM-46234 6-axis MotionTracking device with multiple 3-axis gyroscopes and 3-axis accelerometers in a compact module.
TDK is a finalist in the below Best of Sensors Awards 2021 categories:
- IoT & Wireless Category: TDK SmartBug™ – this multi-sensor wireless module leverages TDK’s MEMS sensors and algorithms for a wide range of IoT applications.
- Woman of the Year: Dr. Milena Vujosevic, Senior Director and Head of MEMS Packaging Development was nominated as a woman of the year for her technical acumen, drive for excellence, scope of expertise, and industry impact.
Related Reports and Monitors
Status of the Camera Module Industry 2021
Market & Technology
Epitaxy Equipment for More than Moore 2021
Market & Technology